I’m excited to be attending “Taking the Mystery Out of Social Media: Strategies for Healthcare Marketing” – a one day educational workshop from the team at GA Creative and featuring Lee Aase, social media manager with the Mayo Clinic.
Mayo has really embraced the idea of connecting with patients and advocate communities via blogs, podcasts, Twitter, and social networking – for instance the Sharing Mayo Clinic blog, which features the voices and stories of Mayo patients, is a wonderful example of how to use a blog to create opportunities to share and foster community. Lee’s presentation should be a good one.
While researching social media marketing for healthcare, I collected a few relevant presentations, research reports, and links that I thought could be helpful for others.
- Social Media in Healthcare (Slideshare PPT) from the PRSA Healthcare Conference 2008.
- Healthcare & Social Media 2009 Trends (Slideshare) by Scott Meis.
- A video, promoting a new media in healthcare conference, posted by CheyenneJack.com. Check out the post for a distallation of quoted stats from the video as well.
- Pew: 61% of Americans look online for health information. (Press Release)
- iCrossing: How America Searches – Health and Wellness (PDF)
Twitter accounts to follow: